To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Veterinary Clinics: Food Animal Practice
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Veterinary epidemiologic research.VER Inc, Charlottetown2009
- Modern epidemiology. Wolters Kluwer health.Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia2008
- Preoperative cow-side lactatemia measurement predicts negative outcome in Holstein dairy cattle with right abomasal disorders.J Dairy Sci. 2014; 97: 212-221
- Understanding sources of bias in diagnostic accuracy studies.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2013; 137: 558-565
- Bias due to composite reference standards in diagnostic accuracy studies.Stat Med. 2016; 35: 1454-1470
- Spectrum bias: why clinicians need to be cautious when applying diagnostic test studies.Fam Pract. 2008; 25: 390-396
- Specific challenges in conducting and reporting studies on the diagnostic accuracy of ultrasonography in bovine medicine.Vet Clin North Am Food Anim Pract. 2016; 32: 1-18
- Bayesian latent class analysis when the reference test is imperfect.Rev Sci Tech. 2021; 40: 271-286
- Bovine respiratory disease diagnosis: what progress has been made in clinical diagnosis?.Vet Clin North Am Food Anim Pract. 2020; 36: 399-423
- Epidemiologic issues in the validation of veterinary diagnostic tests.Prev Vet Med. 2000; 45: 3-22
- STARD 2015: an updated list of essential items for reporting diagnostic accuracy studies.Radiology. 2015; 277: 826-832
- STARD-BLCM: standards for the reporting of diagnostic accuracy studies that use bayesian latent class models.Prev Vet Med. 2017; 138: 37-47
- Likelihood ratios: an intuitive tool for incorporating diagnostic test results into decision-making.J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2018; 252: 1362-1366
- The utility of Bayes' theorem and bayesian inference in veterinary clinical practice and research.Aus Vet J. 2002; 80: 758-761
- Refining clinical diagnosis with likelihood ratios.Lancet. 2005; 365: 1500-1505
- Estimating diagnostic accuracy of fecal culture in liquid media for the detection of Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis infections in Québec dairy cows: a latent class model.Prev Vet Med. 2018; 160: 26-34
- The two-step Fagan's nomogram: ad hoc interpretation of a diagnostic test result without calculation.Evid Based Med. 2013; 18: 125-128
- Letter: nomogram for Bayes theorem.New Engl J Med. 1975; 293: 257
- Disease management of dairy calves and heifers.Vet Clin North Am Food Anim Pract. 2008; 24: 139-153
- Bayesian estimation of the accuracy of the calf respiratory scoring chart and ultrasonography for the diagnosis of bovine respiratory disease in pre-weaned dairy calves.Prev Vet Med. 2015; 119: 227-231
- Pretest probability estimates: a pitfall to the clinical utility of evidence-based medicine?.Acad Emerg Med. 2004; 11: 692-694
- Incorporating uncertainty into medical decision making: an approach to unexpected test results.Med Dec Mak. 2009; 29: 116-124
Disclosure: The authors have nothing to disclose.
© 2022 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.